About Sunbelt Modular:
Sunbelt Modular is the largest wholesale commercial modular manufacturer in the US. Our current geographic presence includes six different locations across the South with plans to expand into other markets.
Position Location: Midwest
Under the direction of the General Manager, this position is responsible for the overall purchasing functions of the plant. This includes inventory management, material control and policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and directs the activities of the Purchasing Department and Material Control personnel.
- Enforces policies and procedures.
- Evaluates performance of subordinates.
- Recommends salary levels.
- Keeps inventory pricing updated.
- Enters all inventory data in the inventory system.
- Enters new materials and pricing into the inventory system.
- Reviews monthly credit card expenditures for the department.
- Maintains standard material information.
- Reviews pre-released prints and attends pre-production meetings.
- Prices and allocates all material movement forms.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Reviews purchase order to invoices pricing and quantity discrepancies.
- Purchases materials for different projects.
- Understands the modular building construction process. This includes reading blueprints and usage of raw materials during the construction process.
- Purchases standard materials for cycle counts.
- Negotiates prices on materials.
- Researches new materials.
- Adds new vendors into purchase order system.
- Interacts with vendors as needed.
- Coordinates quarterly physical inventories.
- Develops obsolete material lists.
- Coordinates usage or disposal of obsolete material.
- Purchases replacement parts for damaged material
- Provides the Sales and Engineering Departments with technical information on special material.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In some cases, this position will also fulfil one of the other job duties in the department.
Relevant experience will be considered.
- 401k with employer match
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision options
- Life insurance options
- Paid Time Off
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.