Job Description: VESTA is in search of a Project Manager that can work with any of the VESTA branches across the United States. The successful candidate will be responsible for working within the Construction Operations Department to assist our sales and project management staff by managing modular construction projects, preparing project estimates and proposals as well as helping deliver projects on time and within budget, enabling VESTA to better serve our customers.
The Project Manager will report to the Vice President of Construction. This is a full-time position. Work will occur from a VESTA branch office, your home office, project sites, manufacturing facilities, and other locations as required. The position will require frequent and overnight travel, sometimes for an extended duration to project sites, as needed. This position may also require work outside normally scheduled hours (particularly in the busy season), which could include evening and weekends. The applicant must possess a valid driver’s license from the state of residence at the time of application with an excellent driving record.
• Perform basic project plan take-offs.
• Assist with generating request for bid documents for the various project trades including writing specifications and work scopes.
• Obtain and analyze quotes from subcontractors and vendors.
• Assist with project buyouts and negotiate/write contracts/purchase orders with customers and vendors.
• Formulate, control, and track project schedules and budgets.
• Manage projects to include the refurbishing of existing assets and new and used modular buildings.
• Prepare documentation and apply for project permits.
• Schedule and coordinate inspections (in-plant and on-site) and occupancy certificates.
• Coordinate project logistics, subcontractors, and vendors.
• Perform project quality assurance and quality control to verify that building and construction details meet contractual requirements.
• Coordinate and enforce job site safety compliance.
• Perform constructability reviews of the engineering documents.
• Ensure that all documentation between the subcontractors and project administration is collected and processed on time and make sure updated drawings are provided to the field team.
• Coordinate project change order management with the Owner as well as subcontractors and vendors.
• Coordinate project close-out work, including completion of punch lists, warranty documents, O&M documents, and other close-out documents.
• Perform other tasks as required to help the company grow, maintain the integrity of each project, and meet the expectations of the VESTA and our customers.
The basic requirements for the position are:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years relevant work experience in Construction Project Management or related field.
• General computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work with projects involving multiple construction disciplines.
• Building Code knowledge, practical application, and review skills.
• OSHA 30 is preferred.
• Experience in the modular building industry preferred.
If hired for this position you will join a company with a fun, business-casual atmosphere. We are committed to providing a diverse workplace and believe that our employees are our greatest asset. We respect hard work, honesty, and integrity in all our employees. We provide ample industry-related training and a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401K savings plan and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
VESTA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status (including civil union status), economic status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, contact VESTA Modular Human Resources.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""