Export Business Development Manager Europe (Modular Offsite)
We are a fast-growing and innovative family owned business based in Perthshire, Scotland who have fantastic staff, a great culture and a first-class technical reputation in the construction industry. We have been providing specialist products to the construction industry for over 50 years and provide a wide range of high quality, innovative solutions, which are designed to meet the continuously evolving requirements of the building industry.
Given the recent growth in our International business, the company is looking to strengthen the export team with the appointment of a new Export Business Development Sales Manager, who will focus on new business development within Europe, concentrating specifically on Modular Offsite.
The role will suit someone based in Europe or the UK, but International travel to key global markets is a pre-requisite for the role. The successful candidate must have the ability to research new business opportunities in defined European markets. The aim of the role is to actively promote and sell the Companies range of products suitable to the Modular Offsite and general construction markets. This would incorporate predominantly specialist breathable, airtight and fire-resistant membranes and thermal solutions.
- Analyse the market, regulations, legislative aspects of the sector to ensure we meet product specification, testing and certification requirements.
- To gain an understanding of competitors’ offering in each region targeted.
- To develop, build relationships and liaise with new contacts to APG to identify potential new requirements within the construction industry.
- Researching potential new distributors in Europe and when established, develop promotional plans for each.
- To create, negotiate and close on commercial agreements in conjunction with the Sales Director
- Responsibility for achieving budgets for Export sales in regions within Europe working closely with the Sales Director
- Build a significant customer presence within Europe
- To plan and prepare CPD’s and technical materials to maximize specification potential.
- To assess the product requirements and assist the Managing Director and Technical Director in the production of robust product solutions suitable for the commercial markets.
- To be focused in controlling the range of projects, keeping track of change, risks and contingency.
- To provide on and off site technical and after sales support
- To develop with the Board of Directors a commercially viable strategy to meet the demands of the Modular Offsite and construction sectors and methods to gain market share.
- To communicate with colleagues in every specialty regarding marketing and commercialization of product range.
- Work with government support agencies to obtain in market support and export grants where applicable.
- Analyzing sales and stock figures to provide input for Internal production forecasts.
- Carrying out international translations where required for commercial presentations and new product listings.
General (in conjunction with Sales Director):
- Maintain knowledge and developments of all APG products.
- Assist with market research on a project-by-project basis
- Assist with R&D on a project basis when asked
- Ensure products are fit for purpose and installation guides are accurate
- Certification and warranties - progression and responsibility in conjunction with Technical
- Suppliers – Link with suppliers regarding Export products in conjunction with Operations.
- To liaise with support functions regarding administration requirements
- Plan and support international sales and marketing activities in conjunction with Marketing.
- Data input of all information into PSA
- Complete competitor analysis for all APG products (UK and Internationally) including technical and price points
- Assist with technical enquiries, drawings, U-values and condensation calcs
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with international partners
- Able to demonstrate previous success and results in building new business in international markets
- Fluency in 2 or more languages beneficial but not essential (spoken and written)
- Highly driven and experience of working in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Ambitious and ability to grow within the company
- Strong administration skills and working to deadlines
- Flexible and reactive to the evolving requirements of Export Europe within APG
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Ideally have a Building qualification
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years sales experience in a similar role in the construction industry
- A proven track record of meeting challenging sales targets
- Be a clear thinker with strong analytical ability and the ability to understand Technical Drawings
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, verbally, in writing and in a group setting at least to CPD standard
- Demonstrate and promote openness; welcoming; listening to and accommodating others’ input
- Be an excellent team worker and good networker
- Have strong influencing and interpersonal skills, at all levels and across all functions within and outside the organization
- A valid Driving license is essential
Salary: Competitive Salary (dependent on experience)
Benefits: 27 days + 8 days bank holidays, Pension scheme, Company car, bonus scheme (dependant on profits)
Hours: Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com