About Sunbelt Modular:
Sunbelt Modular is the largest wholesale commercial modular manufacturer in the US. Our current geographic presence includes six different locations across the South with plans to expand into other markets.
Position Location: Midwest
Under the direction of the General Manager, this position is responsible for performing plan reviews for accuracy, assists in the technical training of the drafting technicians, supervises the daily drafting tasks, and as needed interacts with other departments for clarification of information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Drafting Manager shall be responsible for the following:
- Reviews plans via a checklist for:
- Accuracy compared to sales release and customer supplied plan(s).
- Production requirements inclusive of details, dimensions, notations.
- Purchasing requirements inclusive of cut sheets and quotes.
- Code requirements
- Understands and can competently read state codes.
- Understands the building, plumbing, mechanical, energy and accessibility codes.
- Red-lines changes per customer, state, production, purchasing, and previous reviews.
- Redlines plans for correction by Drafting Technician.
- Assists in the technical training of the Drafting Technicians and Sales personnel.
- Identifies problem areas due to the following:
- Incomplete or unclear sales release
- Production difficulties
- Misinterpretations with the customer’s intent
- Addresses questions from Sales, Production, and Purchasing as needed.
- Able to accurately run energy calculations via COMcheck.
- Manages the department as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- In some cases, this position will also fulfil one of the other job duties in the department.
Relevant experience will be considered.
- 401k with employer match
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision options
- Life insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.