Job Description: VESTA is in search of a Construction Estimator to be based in our Southfield, MI Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for working within the Construction Operations Department to assist our sales and project management staff by preparing project estimates and proposals as well as helping deliver projects on time and within budget, enabling VESTA to better serve our customers.
The Construction Estimator will report to the Director of Pre-Construction. This is a full-time position. Work will occur from the VESTA office in Southfield, MI.
• Review bid documents and analyze bid technical data, drawings, and specifications.
• Perform project plan take-offs.
• Assist with generating request for bid documents for the various project trades including writing specifications and work scopes.
• Obtain and analyze quotes from subcontractors and vendors.
• Estimate project costs and present to upper management.
• Work with the sales team to prepare proposals.
• Assist with project buyouts and negotiate/write contracts/purchase orders with customers and vendors.
Job Qualifications: The basic requirements for the position are:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years relevant work experience in Construction Project Management or related field.
• General computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work with projects involving multiple construction disciplines.
• Building Code knowledge, practical application, and review skills.
• Experience in the modular building industry preferred.
If hired for this position you will join a company with a fun, business-casual atmosphere. We are committed to providing a diverse workplace and believe that our employees are our greatest asset. We respect hard work, honesty, and integrity in all our employees. We provide ample industry-related training and a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401K savings plan and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
VESTA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status (including civil union status), economic status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, contact VESTA Modular Human Resources.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""