BOXX Modular - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the Regional Manager, BOXX East, the Branch Manager is responsible for branch operations, leadership, administration, and efficient daily operation of a full-service branch office. Accountabilities include operations, product sales, and customer service. The Branch Manager is also accountable for sales and business development. The Branch Manager will be responsible for leading a team to grow both the market share revenue and utilized units within the specified geographic area while executing tactical and strategic sales plans. This position will provide a superior level of customer relations and promote a sales and service culture through coaching, guidance, and staff motivation. This position achieves individual, and branch sales goals through a strong sales pipeline and conscientious management of costs.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience leading people in a Business-to-Business sales organization. Preference will be given to those with experience selling to the construction, education, resource/energy and/or government sector. The successful Branch Manager will be a relationship-based leader with a strong motivation to build a book of business and provide service excellence. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial go-getter looking to be a part of a small, collaborative, high-performing team in a rapidly growing branch with unlimited potential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and execute on the business plan and sales strategy for the geographic branch market ensuring attainment of company sales goals and profitability;
- Assign sales territories, set goals and establish training for individual sales representatives within the branch territories;
- Train all staff for superior product knowledge of BOXX’s products/services and provide coaching, direction, and insight to problem solve and resolve complex sales and service issues within the branch;
- Manage the P&L for the branch including all budgeting and expense management activities, managing pricing and proposals within the company ethics, policies and guidelines;
- Track and communicate all sales and rentals relative to target to Management as required. This includes staff maintaining up-to-date profiles of key customers, sales and rental, service and contract documentation into CRM tools;
- Provide direction and leadership to all branch operational and sales staff, including recruitment and performance management activities;
- Set examples for sales reps and branch personnel in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits;
- Collaborate with sales staff to understand competitive activities, market conditions and competitor activities and identify new markets and opportunities for sales growth;
- Support and build relationships with key customers in construction, energy, education, mining, government, military, healthcare, etc. to position BOXX as a preferred vendor;
- Prepare quotations and contracts that are competitive and satisfy the client’s requirements, while adhering to the Company’s pricing, credit, and payment policies;
- Provide timely, written and oral communications on competitive activities, market conditions, and competitor activities;
- Provides guidance, direction and assistance for proposal presentations and RFP responses;
- Completing daily sales paperwork, contract documentation, and maintaining proper files on all leads and projects;
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any concerns;
- Oversee the administration of the billing and accounts payable processes;
- Support the credit approval process and accounts receivable efforts;
- Ensure adherence to BDI’s Integrity Policies and policies of employee HSE standards;
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and vendors required to execute transportation and installation duties;
- Provide leadership and assists practically in all monthly, quarterly and annual inspections including fleet counts, inventory counts, HSE documentation, HSE/COR audits and internal process audits; other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, sales, operations or a relevant related field;
- 10 years of work experience with 2+ years of sales leadership and P&L management experience within the energy, construction, mining, or rental business sector;
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements;
- Strong communication and customer service skills - written, verbal and listening;
- Demonstrable organizational, prioritization, problem-solving, business acumen and self-direction skills;
- Understanding of financial statements and how to improve branch profitability;
- Technical competency and proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Valid vehicle driver’s license is a requirement;
- Willingness to travel and work;
- Must be fluent in English and French both oral and written;
- Proven leadership and motivational skills in a sales and sales operation environment; and,
- Technical competency and proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software (SalesForce).
BOXX Modular (Canada) is a business unit of Black Diamond Group. Black Diamond rents and sells modular space solutions and workforce accommodation solutions to customers in Canada, the United States and Australia. In North America, we also provide specialized field rentals to oil and gas industries. We serve diverse sectors including oil and gas, mining, power, construction, engineering, military, government, and education.
For more information about Black Diamond Group, please visit www.BlackDiamondGroup.com.
Black Diamond Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Administrative